Gaming to Learn- Day Two

What the Farm?


Day Two:  I used some of my break/lunch time to play.  I found out that there is a Pokemon stop located near my building which made it easier to collect the items. Later in the day, I headed out to a public trail around a pond and discovered water-type Pokemon.  The PokeStops there were great as every 3rd light pole was a stop.  I found out that there is a limit to how much you can carry (aka. hoard).   This was a step in the right direction for "farming" the PokeStops strategy that I learned the day before.  There were at least 6 gyms at the trail I walked and I was able to view them but not battle.  I was able to level-up and also learned about evolving the Pokemon to the next level.

The Take Away:  I found it help to throw the balls further.  I was frustrated that I couldn't collect any more balls because my bag was full.  I found out that I could discard some of the items I didn't need right away.  The potions are good for healing wounded Pokemon but since I was able to battle I opted to throw them away so I could pack more Poke Balls.  The sequence of events was the learning activity in this case.  I also learned that gaming is a good distraction.  I actually starting playing in a bad mood at one point and ended in a good mood because I found two new Pokemon.  I never considered that aspect of gaming before.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collecting Data for Research

E-Learning and Gamification: Can we learn from Pokémon Go?

Social Media is Changing Learning Environments