Gaming to Learn - Day Three

You get paid? Wait a sec...


Day Three:
I ran across an avid Pokemon player who taught me the value of battling in gyms.  Not only do you get points for that but you can "place" your Pokemon character there and every day that it holds its status you get paid (okay not real dollars) but coins that you can shop with.  The more gyms the higher the daily paycheck.  The best tip I got was to evolve low level Pokemon to first level and then transfer them because the first generation is less costly than evolving to the second generation.  I also found out a lure by accident but experienced it three times in one day.  A lure is a player's attempt to mark a stop (you must have the lure in your bag) to attract Pokemon.  I was walking through the sculpture garden and multiple lures were set close by and I felt myself in the flow.  I didn't want to leave that space until the lure had expired (30 minutes).  
The Take Away:
Collaboration can be a strategy.  So in the case of the park, we had a group of players who designed a trio of lures to benefit the group playing together and each person only had to give up one item to increase the number of Pokemon caught.  I used my own strategy of using the Lucky egg which allows you to triple all the points you earn for 30 minutes during the multi-lure event. This worked for me because I went to another level in just 30 minutes.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collecting Data for Research

E-Learning and Gamification: Can we learn from Pokémon Go?

Social Media is Changing Learning Environments